Benny Rappa has been unique from the very beginning. He doubled majored in Construction and Restaurant Management. As one friend said, “so what do you plan to do, build a restaurant and run it”? Benny did just that along with his wife Michele. The former hotel chef decided to use his passion and skills to prepare authentic Italian meals daily in a unique way. When you visit Benny Rappa’s your eye immediately goes to the large chalkboard in the restaurant featuring the menu of the day. This allows Benny and his excellent staff to prepare and serve every order fresh.
Benny Rappa’s Trattoria is small and quaint. A trattoria is a home away from home for many Italians. Eating in a trattoria is like eating with an Italian family. The mood can be relaxed or boisterous and always friendly. The food is basic, simple, honest and most of all delicious. The setting is intimate and welcoming. It is a great place to dine with friends for lunch or dinner or on that special occasion with someone special.
Giving Back to the Community
Benny Rappa’s Trattoria is dedicated to supporting charitable organizations that serve the needs of our local community. Below are some of the groups we proudly support.
- St. Andrew’s Catholic School – Taste of the Town and Spring Musical
- Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church – Soup Cook Off
- Forestbrook Elementary School (several events)
- Seahaven Group Home – Annual Wine Dinner
- North Myrtle Beach Human Society
- North Myrtle Beach Woman’s Club
- Myrtle Beach Project Lighthouse